Jonathan is 2 1/2. He loves his big brother and sisters, playing ball, and like all kids he loves to laugh. Jonathan is full of spunk, and keeps his momma and daddy on their toes. By looking at him, you would never guess that 2 years ago, he was fighting for his life.
Jonathan was born with Biliary Atresia, a rare, life-threatening condition occurring in infants. Unresolved, it eventually leads to liver failure. Jonathan’s first months were spent in and out of the hospital – he was a very sick little guy. Thankfully, Jonathan finally received a liver transplant at only 8 months old. The first years with his new liver were not trouble-free, however. He continued to battle for his health. You can read more about Jonathan’s story here.
Transplants are incredibly expensive surgeries. A liver transplant costs up to $300,000, and anti-rejection medication can cost well over $10,000 a year! The Children’s Organ Transplant Association (COTA) is dedicated to helping families with the funding of these costly life-saving surgeries. COTA’s goal is that no child ever be turned away from being listed on a transplant waiting list because of their family’s financial situation. COTA also offers families moral support though the grueling transplant surgery, both before and after the transplant.
You have a chance to help raise funds for COTA, though a Valentine’s day mini session with Mischief and Laughs Photography! 100% of your session fee will be donated directly to COTA.
- What: A sweet valentine’s day themed mini session. I am encouraging all children to bring along their favorite “lovey” – a bear, blanket, doll, or favorite toy. Capture the sweet, pure love a child has for his best friend!
- Where: The studios of Little Songbird Music Studios and LA Talent Academy in Florence, KY.
- When: Friday, January 20th and Saturday, January 21st. Late morning/early afternoon session slots available both days.
- How Much: Your suggested donation of $70 can be paid directly to COTA. 100% of your session fee donation will be donated directly to this wonderful organization.
- What is included: Your donation to COTA includes a 10-15 minute mini photo session with child photographer Cara Harrison. You will also receive an 11×14 print of your choice, and you will be presented with 6-8 images in an online order gallery for further print and product ordering. After the session, you will have the opportunity to purchase additional prints or a disk of digital images, if you wish.
BONUS!: If you order more than $100 in prints or digital images after the session, I will donate an additional portion of your sale back to COTA. Also, with your $100+ order, you will receive 16 custom mini valentines for your children to pass out at school. My own children passed out photo valentines last year, and they were a HUGE hit with their classmates!
(The fine print: Sessions are for children only, I will be unable to accommodate “family portraits” because of space restraints. I may be able to photograph siblings together, however the focus will be on individual portraits. Due to time limitations, if you have more than 2 children that you would like photographed, I ask that you donate an additional $30 to COTA. Larger families will receive more time as well as more proofs in their gallery.)
Sessions are limited, and are expected to book quickly! Sessions will be scheduled in the order of inquiry. Please let me know if you would prefer Friday or Saturday, and if you have a time preference.
To book a mini session, please call Cara at (513)300-7183 or email email@example.com.