A few more days until Christmas! My biggest little man has his last day of school before break today, and I have so much to do to get ready for the holidays. I’m packaging up some last-minute orders and dropping them in the mail today, also… so if you have ordered prints or a disk in the past couple days, and you don’t live far from me, there’s a good chance it will make it by Friday.
My family is getting excited for the holidays! The kids have been anxiously counting down to the big day. We are planning some fun things for break – the hubby and I are taking a fun little day trip by ourselves (thank you to my mother-in-law for watching all the kiddos) and the kids are so excited to see their Mamaw. We have some parties to go to, some activities planned, and of course, some lazy days enjoying all the new toys. 🙂
I want to wish all my clients, blog readers, and of course all my many friends a merry Christmas. Your support has made all the difference in this little business during the last year. I couldn’t have done it without you. I have grown so much over the past year, as a business, but even more importantly as an artist. Thank you!
(my baby. She looks like Cindy Lou Who, don’t you think?)
Some announcements/information for 2012:
- I am hosting a charity event for a WONDERFUL organization in late January. I will announce details late next week, but I will give you a hint: it will be a series of mini sessions with a sweet Valentine’s day theme.
- I am adding a brand new family session option for 2012. It’s going to be awesome!
- I will continue to take only LIMITED weekend sessions. Only 2 per month. That’s not many. So if you must have a weekend session, PLEASE book early.
- Newborn sessions will change a bit as well. I will be offering 2 types of newborn sessions – an in-home lifestyle session, and a more posed studio session. Both of these options will have the same price, but they will have a very different feel. If you are wanting to take advantage of my full range of blankets, props, baskets, etc, for a posed session, you will need to plan to travel to my Northern Kentucky studio space. I will still offer newborn sessions in your home, however they will take on a more organic “lifestyle” approach.
- I will be compiling a more extensive list of locations, to give you lots of choices – I get tired of photographing the same spot every week. Plus some of the “popular” areas are very crowded with photographers, especially on weekends. This is something that I like to avoid, because of the way I shoot. It is difficult to have a natural-looking session when I am constantly having to jockey with other photographers for the spots, or when I have to shoot around background distractions (such as another lady hunched over with a big black camera!)
- Print packages are being added in 2012! You will still be able to order a-la-carte, however you will now have the option to order a package that will give you some of my favorite products at a great savings.
- I plan to start the transition to in-person ordering in 2012. If you would like help with your order, please let me know and I will set up a personalized ordering session for you.
- I am also delving into the world of commercial photography in 2012. My specialty is child/family photography, so the business I accept for these type of commissions are going to be geared toward that. If you know of a fabulous business that might be a perfect fit, let them know about Mischief and Laughs.